5 Whiplash Facts You May Not Know From Your Rochester and Webster Chiropractor
If you or a loved one has recently become injured in an automobile accident or other trauma in Rochester or Webster, there is a possibility of whiplash to keep in mind. You should know that a chiropractor can relieve pain from whiplash, loosen tight muscles and promote the body’s natural healing process. Many people have heard of whiplash, but are not quite certain what it actually is. With that in mind, here are five things about whiplash that you may not know.
Five Whiplash Facts
Your chiropractor has seen numerous cases of whiplash and devised customized treatment plans for patients to help the condition and reduce any back pain they might be experiencing. These five facts will shed some light on the subject before you come in for your consultation.
- Car accidents are the largest cause of whiplash, but whiplash can occur whenever you experience a sudden and abrupt force that makes the spine turn into an “S” shape temporarily.
- You can get whiplash from participating in sports such as boxing, football or snowboarding. You can even get whiplash from riding a roller coaster at the amusement park.
- Whiplash symptoms may not be obvious to you for as many as 12 to 24 hours following your accident, lulling you into a false sense of comfort after the incident. This means that the tests performed on you during your trip to the emergency room or your primary care physician may not have detected whiplash.
- Whiplash symptoms include profound stiffness in the back or neck (or both), along with pain in the shoulders. Patients also often report a feeling of numbness or tingling and they may have problems maintaining their balance.
- A chiropractor provides a non-surgical approach that does not require drugs when treating your painful whiplash symptoms. Chiropractic manipulation of the spine brings it back into proper alignment, after being thrown out of adjustment during the accident.
The manual adjustments are designed to cut down pressure and pain in the nerves as blood flow and the circulation of oxygen are enhanced.
Make an Appointment with Your Rochester and Webster Chiropractor Today
Problems in the neck stemming from an automotive accident should not be left untreated because the issue can become more severe and painful over time. Our team has been helping patients from Rochester and Webster for many years now and we welcome the opportunity for our doctor to help you with diagnosis and treatment too.
To learn more about whiplash symptoms and how we can help with treatment or to make an appointment with the doctor for a chiropractic consultation, please get in touch with O'Dell Family Chiropractic today. If this will be your first visit, we want to remind you to ask us about our new client special.
Have you recently been involved in an automobile accident and now either think or know you have whiplash? Please let us know the details of your incident in the comments section below.